The 2020 HP Hoops tournament has been cancelled.
Click here to register.
A three-on-three basketball tournament will be taking place at Highland Park 1st Baptist Church on March 21 from 9:00am-12:00pm. This is for sixth graders through adults, males or females. You may register three or four players. One playing member of each team must be a member of Highland Park First Baptist Church. Doors will open at 8:45am at which time you’ll be able to see the tournament bracket.
Registration deadline is March 18. The cost of the tournament is $20.00 per team. Registration fee (paid by cash or check made out to Highland Park First Baptist Church) must be presented at registration on the day of the tournament along with a signed liability waiver. Waivers will also be available on the day of the event.
All proceeds will go to support the ministry of our missions partner Re:Center Ministries. Their mission is “to reconcile homeless and hurting people to God, family, and community by the power of Christ in partnership with the local church.”
- Each court will have a court monitor. The job of the court monitor will be to keep track of the number of fouls and the score. Players will call their own fouls.
- Games will last 20 minutes (with a running clock) or until a team reaches 21 points.
- Possession at the beginning of the game will be determined by a coin flip.
- Each game will open and close with prayer.
- Each basket is worth one point, including free throws. Baskets are worth two points if the shot is made from behind the arc or a female scores the basket.
- Fouls seven, eight, and nine, shooting or non-shooting, result in two free throws. 10+ fouls result in two free throws and possession of the ball.
- Stalling will result in change of possession.
- Substitutions can only take place on dead balls.
If you have any other questions, please contact Greta McQueen at firstname.lastname@example.org